If you haven’t already discovered Snöå bruk then a pleasant surprise awaits you! There is plenty to see and do – if you want. Of course, you can simply stay at the youth hostel and enjoy the peace and quiet, the good food and the beautiful surroundings.
- Choir camps – lots of choirs come to our “Storstuga”. With a piano, good acoustics and the opportunity to have concerts in Dala-Järna Church, it has all the right elements of a successful choir camp.
- Family celebrations - weddings, anniversaries. Family reunions… There is always a reason to gather your nearest and dearest for a party, to socialise and enjoy each other’s company. Cheap, comfortable accommodation, good food and plenty of time to be together!
- Conferences – book a conference room for a day or an afternoon. Or we can tailor- make a themed conference for a launch, team building or company party.
- Golf – don’t miss our fantastic golf package with accommodation, green fee and formal meal. The first tee on the 18-hole course is just 100 m from the manor house.
- Sport – why not hold your training camp at Snöå bruk? Dala Järna biathlon arena is just around the corner and there are great lit trails for cross-country skiing, running and roller-skiing. You can even shoot pistols. We also have slalom slopes reasonably close by – if you stay at the youth hostel you have a value-for-money alternative to a week at a ski resort.
- Outdoor activities – wonderful fishing waters within walking distance. Walking paths for everything from an hour to two days, via a system of lakes and ridges to caves and shielings. There are lakes for swimming in too.
- Fairytale trail – for the very youngest, with elves and trolls in the forest.
- Read more about our special offers for groups of all sizes. Young and old, at www.snaobruk.se
Genuine ironworks: In the 19th century Snöå bruk was famous for its smithy, where they made scythes and nails. There are many buildings remaining from that era and they are still in use. One of Sweden’s first colleges of rural home economics opened at Snöån in 1909; when the college was closed in 1989, STF (the Swedish Tourist Association) took over the buildings and opened a youth hostel. Snöå bruk offers good value accommodation in a genuine old foundry, at the heart of a district rich in culture and traditions.
Information: Restaurant: Breakfast, dinner. Foundry menu on request, summer lunches.
Services: Sauna, relaxation area, wheelchair-friendly, two pet-friendly rooms. Number of beds: 91 (24 rooms, 14 en-suite)
Snöå GK has a mixed woodland and park golf course in top condition. Tranquil surroundings far from stress; there are rarely queues on the course.
Snöå Skidstadion (only 200m from Snöå Manor). Ideal for training camps and exercise, summer or winter. Course designers include Gunde Svan (multiple Olympic and World Champion) and Sven- Erik Danielson (Vasalopp winner).
Summer: 5km tarmac rollerski circuit and miles of exercise trails. Winter: Well-pisted ski trails, 5km lit trail and miles of trails with natural snow. The stadium also has international standard biathlon facilities (Swedish Championship status). Dala-Järna IK: www.djik.nu
Ryggåsstugan is just a stone’s throw from the manor, and offers fishing, bathing, put and take, canoeing and kayaking. There are ski trails around the lake in the winter. This is a picture from Ryggåsstugan’s cafe. www.ryggasstugan.se
Skogsarbetarby is a reconstruction of a forestry workers village. It is a museum and also has plenty of activities, such as courses in building log cabins.